Creative by design. Collaborative by nature. Cherokee by Choice.
Not only do Cherokee’s stunning vistas and eclectic cities make excellent locations for your next film project (as they did for 27 in 2017 alone), but they provide a great place for your creative team to live, work and play. Just ask any one of our incredible industries, like adidas or YANMAR, who found Cherokee’s sustainability, greenspace, infrastructure, and proximity to Atlanta to be wins on their checklist of must-haves. Whether it’s a post-production suite, animation studio, sound stage, or a writer’s room you have in mind, Cherokee’s visionary and collaborative approach to economic development makes it the ideal place to take your project from dream to reality. Cherokee is the choice.
- Georgia offers a tax incentive of up to 30 percent of production expenditures occurring in the state.
- Close proximity to Atlanta Hartsfield Jackson International Airport, which offers direct flights to over 150 domestic and 70 international destinations
- Cherokee County Airport is able to accommodate private jets.
- Georgia has one of the deepest, most affordable and experienced crew bases in the country with more than 1,000 production suppliers and support vendors.
- Much of Cherokee County is within the 30-mile radius “bubble” emanating from the State Capitol
- More than 11,700 workers in the Cherokee County Market Area are employed in the Film and Media Industry
- The Film and Media Industry is projected to grow by 9.5 percent between 2017 and 2022 in the Cherokee County Market Area.
- Cherokee is a great place to live, work and play
Making sure that our current and developing workforce are camera ready.
- 42 percent of residents in Cherokee County hold an Associates degree or higher and 24 percent of residents hold a bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Chattahoochee Technical College offers degrees, diplomas and technical certificates in design and media production technology and television production technology, Reinhardt University offers a Bachelor of Arts in Digital Film and Video, and Kennesaw State University offers a minor in Film Studies, with an emphasis on screenwriting
- All 6 high schools in Cherokee County have broadcast media production classes.
Sites and buildings for your project are ready and waiting.