Join the Cherokee Office of Economic Development Team!
Cherokee Office of Economic Development
Title: Marketing & Communications Specialist
Location: Woodstock, GA
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Cherokee Office of Economic Development (COED) is the community’s sales and marketing arm working to attract new business investment, encourage the expansion of existing industry and small businesses, align workforce education and training with in-demand jobs, promoting community for film projects, as well as planning and mobilizing county/city resources for economic development.
Under immediate supervision of the President of COED, the Marketing & Communications Specialist will assist with all internal and external communications for the office. The Specialist will help plan and implement an internal and external communications strategy; write and edit content and copy which includes press releases, publications, advertorials, newsletters, social media, web content, and speeches; and assist with special projects/initiatives as required.
Other responsibilities include: functioning as a point of contact for media, day-to-day implementation of internal communication and messaging, developing creative design/production for editorial content for collateral pieces, creating appropriate content for online distribution.
Entry Salary: $40,000 depending on qualifications. To be offered above the minimum salary shown, you must meet the preferred qualifications:
Minimum Qualifications and Competencies:
· Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or closely related field
· Minimum of 2 years’ professional level experience working in public relations or the media
· Excellent writing, editing and speech writing skills
· Expert proofing ability
· Experience with curating social media content for multiple platforms
· Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
· Superior interpersonal skills
· Willingness to work a flexible schedule in order to meet aggressive deadlines
· Experience with project management
· Experience working with graphics, photography, and production/creative teams
· Experience in AP style
· Advanced degree in communications, journalism or closely related field
· 3+ years’ professional level experience working in public relations or the media
· Experience with print, broadcast, and online media relations
· Experience with content management