The Cherokee Workforce Collaborative is a united, community-based partnership created by the Cherokee Office of Economic Development (COED) to strengthen Cherokee’s pipeline of skilled workers. This collaborative was developed in direct response to the needs identified in the Opportunity Cherokee Economic Development Strategy, which served as the blueprint for the Cherokee Workforce Collaborative Implementation Plan
Cherokee Workforce Collaborative
Some of the most significant achievements of the Cherokee Workforce Collaborate include the launch of Cherokee’s first-ever high school summer internship program, the development of free internship templates for local employers, and the creation of a comprehensive database of local industry sectors hiring Work-Based Learning students.
Other Notable Workforce Accomplishments
- Funding approval for an interactive mobile workforce training lab highlighting the skilled professions through industry-specific training and hands-on experience
- A new COED website marketing Cherokee’s job, internship, and educational opportunities
- Cherokee Summer Internship Program
- Coordination with the school district to match educational programs (CTAE/WBL) with industry needs
- The creation of a comprehensive database of local industry sectors hiring Work-Based Learning students
- The development of free internship templates for local employers
- Promotion of local career opportunities through the annual Cherokee Career Expo
Workforce Collaborative Programs
Cherokee Summer Internship Program
Do you want to get paid for gaining real-world experience and networking with some of Cherokee’s top employers? Then the Cherokee Summer Internship Program may be the right fit for you! This competitive, 6-week program is open to all rising high school juniors and seniors who are interested in taking their skills to the next level. For more information, visit https://www.cherokeega.org/internship/.
Employers, email Shawna Mercer at firstname.lastname@example.org to participate in this year’s program and to request the employer registration form.
Construction Ready Program
Looking for a career in construction? The Construction Ready program is an NCCER accredited, four-week construction boot camp training and certification program. NCCER is recognized by the construction industry as the training, assessment, certification and career development standard for the construction and maintenance craft professional. The Construction Ready program also connects participants to local construction companies. Training is FREE to eligible applicants who reside in metro Atlanta. To apply, visit constructionready.us.
Learn more about the collaborative by reaching out to the COED team.