The Cherokee County Historical Society is building a new Cherokee County History Center and Museum that should be open in early 2022. It is anticipated that the History Center will draw an audience of 20,000 per year. To learn more visit http://www.rockbarn.org/history-center/.
Cherokee County, Georgia is nestled between metro Atlanta and the scenic Chattahoochee National Forest with historic communities and multiple cultural and recreational opportunities. The Cherokee County School District is one of the top in the state and nation.
Working with the Executive Director, the new Marketing/Communications Manager will guide the strategy for all marketing and communications activity, including branding, digital marketing, advertising, website, promotions and member experience. Additionally, the Marketing/Communications Manager will oversee the membership and fundraising events for the Center.
The Marketing/Communications Manager should be outgoing, detail-oriented, have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and enjoy planning events.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with an internal team and the Graphic Design firm to implement new branding for the History Center, including the launch of a new website
• Create ads and material for upcoming events and programs
• Develop and implement media campaigns for the History Center, including social media
• Maintain membership and donor database, including input of records and processing gifts
• Assist Executive Director and fundraising team with donor relations and closing out the capital campaign
• Coordinating with a volunteer committee, implement at least two fundraising events per year
The position is full time, with some nights and weekend work required; telecommuting options available. As a small nonprofit, other duties may be assigned. Salary range is $35,000-$40,000 depending on experience. The Cherokee County Historical Society is an equal opportunity employer. Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com by Friday, July 10, 2020.