On May 12, 2020, Governor Kemp issued another Executive Order relating to the COVID-19 pandemic, which extends guidelines until May 31. It can be viewed HERE.
New Guidelines for Businesses – Governor Kemp’s Statewide Executive Order
Frequently Asked Questions About Georgia’s Business Operations
View the guidance and FAQs for the initial shelter-in-place executive order HERE.
Cherokee County re-opening update
Cherokee County Administration Building reopened to the general public on May 4, 2020. Cherokee County Elections Office reopened to the general public on May 4, 2020.
- The County is developing a plan to test homemaker staff, as well as developing appropriate safeguards and protocols prior to recommencing homemaker services.
- Meals on Wheels volunteers recommenced delivering meals during the week of May 4th.
- The Senior Center will remain closed until further notice.
The recycling center at Hobgood Park is currently open on a limited schedule for recycling only.
- Tues and Thurs 9-5
- Sat 8-4
The recycling center at Blalock Road remains open on their normal schedule. Goodwill is currently NOT accepting donations at Hobgood Park.
Recreation Center, Aquatic Center and county parks:
- County parks and recreation facilities including athletic fields, courts, and outdoor rinks re-opened on Friday, May 1st. Other facilities including open spaces, boat ramps and trails that are currently open will remain open provided users follow local, state and federal guidelines on Social Distancing and large gatherings.
- Playgrounds, Pavilions and the Skate Park will remain closed at this time. Note: Because social distancing is not easily achieved, these areas are likely to encourage large groups to gather along with possible surface contamination, these areas remain closed until we enter “Phase II” under the White House guidelines.
- All CRPA scheduled activities and programs are canceled through May 1st. Note: Staff are evaluating specific programs and activities to determine when they may resume under the White House guidelines. For example, under the White House guidelines, all organized youth activities should remain closed during Phase I.
- CRPA facilities (Recreation Center, Aquatic Center, Union Hill Community Center) re-opened on Friday May 1st. Programs and activities will be subject to guidelines on social distancing and large gatherings.
The following facilities will remain closed to the general public until further notice:
- Cherokee County Tax Commissioner’s Office, 2780 Marietta Hwy, Canton, GA 30114
- Cherokee County Tax Commissioner’s Office, 155 Towne Lake Pkwy, Woodstock, GA 30188
- Cherokee County Tax Assessor’s Office, 2780 Marietta Hwy, Canton, GA 30114
- Cherokee County Conference Center, 1130 Bluffs Parkway, Canton, GA 30114
- Public Safety Complex, 150 Chattin Drive, Canton, GA 30114
- Cherokee County Fire Stations