Do you want to get paid for gaining real-world experience and networking with some of Cherokee’s top employers? Then the Cherokee Summer Internship Program may be the right fit for you! This competitive 6-week program is open to all rising high school juniors and seniors who are interested in taking their skills to the next level. Graduating seniors are also invited to apply.
Cherokee Summer Internship Program Benefits
- 6 weeks of paid, real-world experience
- Welcome orientation/employability skills
- An interactive work environment focused on mentorship
- Early exposure to a wide range of career pathways
- References for a job well done
- Invaluable, resume-building work experience
- A rewarding summer job close to home
Participating Employers & Positions Update
- Alma Coffee – Barista and Roastery position available
- Awnex – No longer accepting applications
- Cherokee County – No longer accepting applications
- Jaipur Living – Marketing Intern with photography experience
- NeoMed – No longer accepting applications
- Northside Hospital-Cherokee – Accepting applications for a marketing/administrative intern
- Raydeo – No longer accepting applications
- R&D Mechanical – Seeking HVAC intern
- Roytec – No longer accepting applications
- Universal Alloy Corporation – Accepting applications for a Quality Lab Assistant and Storeroom Clerk
How to apply?
To apply, please completely fill out the application HERE. If you do not see an opportunity you’re interested in below, please check back weekly. Additional opportunities will be posted over the coming weeks. Students who are accepted into the program must have reliable transportation and attend the Summer Internship Orientation Program. All completed applications must be submitted to Shawna Mercer at email@example.com by May 25, 2019. If interested in multiple internship positions, please indicate your top 3 choices on your application. Positions are extremely competitive. If you don’t get selected for your first choice, you will still be in the running for your 2nd and 3rd choice. To view the positions, click the arrow next to the company.
Important Dates (6 Week Program)
- Orientation for all accepted students | Friday, June 7, 2019 | Cherokee Office of Economic Development
- Summer Internship Program Kick-Off/Report to Employer | Monday, June 10, 2019
- Last day of Summer Internship Program | Friday, July 19, 2019
The Cherokee Summer Internship Program is an excellent opportunity to become a partner in education and invest in our future workforce. To apply for the program as an employer, please fill out the application and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.