Do you want to get paid for gaining real-world experience and networking with some of Cherokee’s top employers? Then the Cherokee Summer Internship Program may be the right fit for you! This competitive 6-week program is open to all rising high school juniors and seniors who are interested in taking their skills to the next level. Graduating seniors are also invited to apply.
Cherokee Summer Internship Program Benefits
- 6 weeks of paid, real-world experience
- Welcome orientation/employability skills
- An interactive work environment focused on mentorship
- Early exposure to a wide range of career pathways
- References for a job well done
- Invaluable, resume-building work experience
- A rewarding summer job close to home
How to apply?
The application process and internship positions for the 2019 Summer Internship Program will be posted on the COED website on Monday, February 25, 2019. Students who are accepted into the program must have reliable transportation and attend the Summer Internship Orientation Program.
Important Dates (6 Week Program)
- Orientation for all accepted students | Friday, June 7, 2019 | Cherokee Office of Economic Development
- Summer Internship Program Kick-Off/Report to Employer | Monday, June 10, 2019
- Last day of Summer Internship Program | Friday, July 19, 2019
The Cherokee Summer Internship Program is an excellent opportunity to become a partner in education and invest in our future workforce. If interested, please email Shawna Mercer at firstname.lastname@example.org.