Advanced manufacturing integrates technology into production processes to increase quality and meet industry specifications or standards. The advanced manufacturing target industry is a cluster of manufacturing that includes automotive, aerospace and medical sectors. A highly skilled workforce, planning and control with Six Sigma, and limiting waste are characteristics of the advanced manufacturing process.
More than 45,400 workers in Cherokee County are employed in advanced manufacturing.
More than 260 automotive suppliers are located in Georgia.
The advanced manufacturing industry projects 6% growth over the next 5 years.
Patriot Rail runs north-to-south through Cherokee County
374 advanced manufacturing establishments are located in Cherokee County.
More than 800 aerospace companies are located in Georgia.
- Within a 30-minute drive time of Canton (the county seat of Cherokee County), there is a population of approximately 519,000 and within a 60-minute drive time of Canton there is a population of more than 3 million.
- Chattahoochee Technical College offers certificates in the following technical studies: building, manufacturing, engineering technologies and transportation.
- 42 percent of residents in Cherokee County hold an Associates degree or higher and 24 percent of residents hold a Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- The Georgia Quick Start workforce training program has been consistently ranked as a top workforce program in the U.S.
- Cherokee County is home to a number of Automotive Suppliers including Inalfa Roof Systems and Piolax Corporation.
Cost of Doing Business
- Georgia has the second-lowest cost of doing business, according to CNBC’s Top States for Doing Business.
- Major U.S. highways that service Cherokee include Highway 5, Highway 20, Highway 92, Highway 106, Highway 140, Highway 372 and Highway 754. In addition, I–575 runs through the heart of Cherokee County and I–75 is within minutes of Cherokee County.
- Cherokee County is 45 minutes from Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta International Airport.
- Two regional airports service Cherokee County: Cherokee County Regional Airport in Ball Ground and the McCollum Field Airport in nearby Cobb County, Georgia.
- The Cherokee County Regional Airport recently underwent a $34 million expansion.
- Patriot Rail runs through north to south through Cherokee County.
Proximity to Markets
- 80 percent of the U.S. market is within a two-hour flight from Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta International Airport.
- Porsche, Lotus and BBS have their North American headquarters in Georgia.
- The Atlanta region is the number one metro area destination for foreign investment by average project value in 2015.